Post by CesarD on Mar 2, 2018 17:10:25 GMT
Here you will find some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Wargaming's response to them:
- Why is WoTB and WoWSB have "Blitz" in it? The game has a sub name, blitz, since it is based on a fast game play. Moreover the word "Blitz" means a sudden attack or in other words a fast attack done to end the opposing side
- Can we download WoWSB from steam? No, World of Warships Blitz is only on a mobile platform and can only be downloaded via the App store for iOS users and Google Playstore for Android users.(
- What is the email for customer support?
- How do I become a SuperTester or a Community Contributor?There are no concrete qualifications into becoming a SuperTester and/or a Community Contributor. However, you may direct your questions to the email above if you want details from the WarGaming Team. Despite not having a specific requirement, it is known that in order to become a CC, one must have a succesful YouTube channel which displays WarGaming content.
- When will WoWsB official forums be up?From Community Manager Enya: No plans for that right now, as we don't feel that we need one . Are forums something you would like to see? I agree it is standard, but I personally find it more useful for PC games than mobile games, but that does not mean we are dead-set on not having a forum. Especially if we notice people would really want one.
- What does BB, DD, CA, CL or CV mean? What are the different nations in game?Current Nations:
USN = United States Navy
IJN = Imperial Japanese Navy
KM = Kriegsmarine / Germany
RN = Royal Navy : HMS = Her/His Majesty's Ship
USSR = Soviet Union
MN = Marine Nationale / France
DD = Destroyers
BB = Battleships
CA = Cruiser Heavy/ armoured
CL = Cruiser light/ lightly armoured
CV = aircraft carrier
- When will silver rewards be increased?From Community Manager Enya: Regarding the silver balancing, I did have a talk with the team and they are aware of the feedback. However it is important to note that pre-0.6 values were never meant to be permanent, and only used to make sure testers could progress fast enough. That is not to say the current silver rates are set in stone, and we are constantly reviewing the economy to balance it out. I hope this does give you some insight, and help you understand the current values (but again, constantly being reviewed and balanced, so it is not that we aren't listening)
- Could we have a better Battle Commands for ingame?Currently in designing and in future we will have a pre-set chat and perhaps in game messages such as in game battle chat, voice chat is no longer planed to be added.
- Is it possible to have my account transfered between servers so I do not have to start all over again?Unfortunatly there currently isn't such an option. We have learned from cases in the past in wich people put in such a request, that although this is currently not a possibility, it might be done in the future. Info on when this option will become available we currently do not posses, sorry.
- When will gifting system be available?No plans or ETA for that yet
- We can see that there are in-game compliments and reports system, but when will these start to be counted?This is a new feature, so it's still under testing, but it will be up and working soon.
- What is AP and HE? How does one use them?1)
Q?: What is HE?
A: HE stands for High Explosives.
HE is good at which part?
Normally HE is only good for ignite your enemy ship deck on fire. Commonly used against DD>Destroyers, BB>Battleships and CV>Aircraft Carriers.
Q: Who will be the one using HE?
A: Destroyers will be the commonly one to use HE against enemy DD, CL/CA, BB and CV.
Light/Heavy Cruisers normally only use HE against DD, BB or CV.
Battleships normally use HE against DD only.
2) AP shells.
Q: What is AP?
A: AP stand for Armour Piercing?
Q: Who will be the one using AP?
A: AP commonly uses by all 4 classes where it AP let you deal a massive punishment damage towards enemy. It also gain you Citadel by hitting enemy important ship structures such as generator room, engine room, fuel storage and ammo storge.
AP also destroy enemy guns and torpedos mounted on it.
However AP does not work well on DD as DD does'nt have any armour on it so it will ususlly deal over pen only.
- Any plans on adding more time for battle duration?From Community Manager Enya: We are aware of the feedback, but right now there are no specifics plans to increasing the time. We do keep a constant eye on the feedback we are getting, as well as the data-numbers. So while this is a hot topic, don't be afraid that we are ignoring it!
- Will there be an new and better Match Making System?Currently working in progress however date of releasing is TBC
- Torpedos and Shells Hitbox issues.Question:
Whats up with the recent topics about Magnetics Torpedos and Shells issues?
Lately we have all seen posts and threads about having face magnetics Torpedos and such stuff, on which I would like to comment that the hitboxes are working perfectly fine.
Why am I experiencing magnetic Torpedos now, from the real playerbase but why didn't I get them from the bots as well?
The Real Player base is capable of having connection issues. This means that if their connection can't quite make it/isn't quite good enough, they will be lagging which unfortunatly effects the overal gameplay by for example teleporting either the ship or the weapons fired. This problem is able to occur due to a number of reasons, no proper internet connection or no proper connection to the server are the most common.
So when you thought you dodged a Torpedo but the torpedo does detonate, how and why does this happen?
The reason, simply put, is that it is a latency issue.
However if a bots launched Torpedos at you no matter what is it DD, CL/CA or CV and you dodged it successfully without gained hit, this will show you that the hitboxes are working perfectly fine if you have a good connection to go allong with it.
Are the developers aware of this issue and do they acknoledge it as such?
Due to the large amount of feedback and complains about this issue, developers are starting looking into this issues.
- What the Minimum Range for Torepdos to fire now?500 meters
- There been a major concerns about ships and island physcis here the answer from Developers. Will there be any changes towards the ships physics?Yes, for Models Collision. As for physics detection, no.
Physics Detection is based on engine, we cannot change it too much, and all hit detection is calculated on server side to prevent cheating. So it will be affected a lot by your current mobile network speed.
As for Model Collision, we realize some map collision is not that good and has started work to improve on it.